What Can iLASIK Correct?
iLASIK is performed to reduce or even eliminate the vision problems associated with nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. At South Texas Eye Consultants, we will only approve patients for iLASIK in Corpus Christi, TX if their eye health and eye characteristics meet the right qualifications; this is meant for the safety of our patients and to predict a quality vision outcome.
Ideal Candidates for iLASIK
- Have a nearsighted refractive error of -1 or greater and have a stable prescription
- Have a farsighted refractive error of +1 to +6 and have a stable prescription
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have overall healthy eyes free of disease or eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts
- Have the right corneal thickness
- Are tired of the hassles and ongoing costs of glasses or contacts
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their surgery
- Understand the risks and benefits of iLASIK
Even if you are not approved for iLASIK, we will work hard to identify iLASIK alternatives that may help you achieve your vision goals. We will never leave you “stranded” with your current vision. We may recommend alternative refractive surgery methods such as PRK, ASA or even other types of procedures like cataract surgery to improve your vision.
The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for iLASIK is to schedule a iLASIK Consultation. It’s free at South Texas Eye Consultants, and you can learn about the different iLASIK technologies, how the procedure is done, the cost of iLASIK for your unique eyes and have all of your iLASIK questions answered. Contact us today to schedule your free Consultation.