Help for Droopy Eyelids
Ptosis is the medical name for droopy eyelids. In moderate-to-severe cases, droopy eyelids can extend into the field of vision making it difficult to see or even keep your eyelids open. Patients with ptosis may compensate by raising their eyebrows or tilting their heads to see better, which can lead to headaches and other physical discomfort.
Causes of Droopy Eyelids
- Weakened or stretched eyelid muscles caused by aging
- Trauma or injury to the eye
- Neurological disease
- Congenital defect from poorly developed levator muscle
- Long-term contact lens wearing
- Side effect of eye surgery
Treatment for Droopy Eyelids
Using a surgical process called levator resection, our experienced doctors can tighten the levator muscles in order to raise the eyelid to a normal position.
Benefits of Ptosis Repair
- Improved vision
- Improved appearance
- Reduction in physical discomfort
Potential Risks of Ptosis Repair
With any type of surgery it is important to understand the potential risks. By choosing an eyelid surgeon who is experienced in this type of delicate surgery, you will reduce your risks of complications. Eyelid surgery risks may include:
- Under or over correction of the eyelid
- Inability for the eyelid to completely close
- Aesthetic issues
If you are suffering from droopy eyelids in Corpus Christi, TX, contact our team today to find out what options exist for you. Our experienced oculoplastics surgeons can help restore your sight and rejuvenate your appearance with their surgical and artistic abilities.