Richard Avila Jr. O.D
Ever since high school, I knew I would seek a profession in the medical field. I majored in Biomedical Sciences at Texas A&M University, and it was there that I was introduced to the different medical professions. About that time my vision was undergoing some changes and therefore, the lecture on Optometry really caught my interest.
I was accepted into the University of Houston College of Optometry program in the Fall of 1992. Upon my completion in 1996, I married one of my classmates from Optometry School. We are both practicing Optometrist in Corpus Christi. It is my hope that one day, one of our three children would follow our lead into the field of Optometry
I have worked with South Texas Eye Consultants ever since I graduated from Optometry School. I have found that caring for the people of the Coastal Bend to be a rewarding experience. I have made lasting memories and friendships that I will carry forever. I look forward to serving my patients for years to come.
- Undergraduate School: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Graduate School: University of Houston, College of Optometry, Houston, Texas
- Clinical Externships: Good Neighbor Eye Clinic, San Jose Eye Clinic, Houston Eye Associates, Eye Institute of San Antonio
- Courses: Optometric Glaucoma Specialist Course, San Antonio, Texas
Professional/Academic Colleges and Societies
- American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- Corpus Christi Optometric Society